Red Hawk ® HD-SDI MILSPEC High Definition Video Recorder for Aviation
3G HD-SDI milspec DVR – Rugged Military Video Recorder for
Aviation MIL-STD-461F and Harsh Environments, Aircraft and Naval Vessels: MIL-STD-810G ch 1
Bad Wolf Technologies Airborne & Marine solid state HD-SDI High Definition military video recorder, the Redhawk® HD DVR, is built to military standards and is qualified to MIL-STD-461F & MIL-STD-810G change 1 for aviation and marine / naval deployment. Yet RedHawk is a completely off the shelf (COTS) unit that is not ITAR regulated.
RedHawk records High Definition Video & Audio from HD-SDI, 3G-SDI high definition, or SDI NTSC/PAL standard definition video from regular or multi-sensor cameras, mission computers and a variety of other video sources. Redhawk HD is designed for military, defense, aerial law enforcement, airborne border patrol, patrol boats, homeland security and naval & marine applications or wherever the equipment must withstand the harshest of environments and take the toughest of abuse. Be it extreme cold, heat, vibration, shock, EMI, EMC, RF or whatever else life throws at it, Redhawk military HD-SDI video recorder has your back. Failure is not an option with this rugged video recorder!
Some of RedHawk HD military HD-SDI video recorder features include:
- High Definition MILSPEC airborne & marine rugged video recorder.
- Single or Dual channel Recording to Solid State Media.
- Video Inputs: 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and CVBS
- 3G-SDI SMPTE 424M 1080p60/59.94/50
- HD-SDI SMPTE 292M 1080i60 / p30
- SD-SDI SMPTE 259M PAL/NTSC
- Ethernet and WiFi networking capability.
- Cloud Enabled.
- Multicast and Unicast LOW LATENCY streaming.
- GPS GNSS NMEA 0183 Recording with Video Overlay.
- User Data Recording with Video Overlay.
- FLIR (forward looking infrared), FLIRSW, FLIRMW and FLIRLW compatible.
- Built to rugged military specifications to withstand harsh environment.
- Rugged 7075-T6 Aluminum hermetically sealed chassis for use in harsh environment. Manufactured in USA using the latest 5-axis CNC computer-controlled equipment.
- IP68 (optional).
- Qualified to MIL-STD-461F EMC Electrical Compliance (Aviation).
- Qualified to MIL-STD-810G for Airborne / Aviation & Naval Deployment (shock, vibration and temperature).
- Certification reports available for qualified agencies & DoD contractors.
- NVIS night vision industry standard display status (standard for model# BW-RH-SS).
- Built-in solid state media (standard for model# BW-RH-SS).
- Removable solid state media (standard for all other models).
- Multi-channel capable.
- PCM™ – POWER CONTROL MODULE™ – uninterruptible power supply system module for airborne and naval deployment (optional).
- DoubleVision™ HD™ 3G-SDI High Definition Video Switching (optional).
- MultiView HD™ Multi-Window Multi-Camera high definition HD-SDI, 3G-SDI and CVBS PAL and NTSC Video “PIP” Picture in Picture Processor (optional).
Record Audio and Video
Record one or two channels as separate video files to USB media drive. Compatible with our HD mini bullet camera or any camera on the market. Record all audio communications.
Data Recording and GPS Overlay
With the optional GPS upgrade, record and overlay geospatial data including: time, coordinates, time/date, altitude, heading and speed. GPS data is recorded in KML and GPX formats. These files can be viewed directly in Google Earth or most third party Geospatial software applications.
GPS Data Overlay
In addition to a separate data file, user can also overlay GPS data and other text on top of the video. Multiple font and color options are available. Users may set Red Hawk HD to overlay the following data on the screen and/or recorded video.
- Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
- Degrees, Minutes
- Knots (KT)
- Miles per Hour (MPH)
- Kilometers per Hour (KPH)
- Altitude (AMSL)
- Feet (F)
- Meters (M)
- Heading (Degrees)
User Data Overlay
Red Hawk HD allows users to overlay text on the video. This text can be either static or dynamic. Users can enter the text in the web user interface or send real time text information via RS-232. Up to three independent lines of data may be sent. Font type, size, color and position may be customized for each line of text.
Record to Solid State Media
Red Hawk HD records to either external SSD or USB Flash Media.
Record Headset Audio
Red Hawk HD may also record all audio via operator headset.
Record Audio Panel
Red Hawk HD may also record all audio via the Aircraft Audio Panel
High Quality, Small Files
Our milspec Red Hawk HD recorders offer High Definition H.264 AVC video quality with maximum efficiency meaning you get the highest video quality while having files sizes that are easy to store, edit, playback, and upload. Universal file containers allow for easy editing and playback on a PC or Mac.
Synchronize system time to an NTP server while connected to a network or use GPS time/date.
Network User Interface
Access more advanced settings via the web browser Web GUI interface.
- CBR and VBR
- .H264 AVC or MJPEG Compression
- Baseline, Main or High Profile Compression
- Bit Rate range from 32 Kbps to 16 Mbps
- GOP Size
- Video Down-scaling
- Pre- and Post- event recording
- File Size
- Motion Detection
- Audio & Silence Detection
- Date, Time & Frame Counter Text Overlay
- On-screen Overlay
- Audio Gain Level
- Overwrite When Full (Yes/No)
Aviation Grade Heavy Duty Telzel Cabling
Aviation grade jacket rated to FAR 25 standards provides maximum protection and performance.
Connect straight to your Garmin G500 or G1000 display, or use one our monitor