Can’t find an off-the-shelf video recorder that meets your requirements? Datatoys video platforms allow us to easily create a custom digital video and data recorder to meet your exact needs. Low NRE’s and short lead times allow low and medium volume customers to go to market within weeks with a custom product, made just for you. Need a one-off? No worries, because we can customize a solution with NO MINIMUMS!
Custom Video and Data Recorders, Encoders, and Processors
Datatoys uses a platform concept to create a video and data recording, processing, and streaming device that is easy to customize. Platforms are designed for harsh environments making them ideal for use in; Aerospace, Military, Heavy Equipment, and Mobile applications. A robust package of API and RPC documentation is available to control the system via RS-232 or Ethernet. For playback use standard media players, or our custom video & data playback software that can synchronize video & data along with Google Earth.
Datatoys offers four types of OEM/ODM services; White Label, Turn Key, Board Level, and Custom Design.
Get to market in as little as two weeks. Use our pre-existing COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) solutions printed with your logo and branding. Enclosures can be anodized any color and logo’s can be easily added to the software to make a solution specific to your company.
Need a custom enclosure, media, connectors, or user interface? In addition to a team of hardware and software engineers, we offer mechanical design services in house and through our many capable contractors. Solutions can be built to your exact specifications using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom components saving time and money. Choose from a veritable menu of options for your custom video and data recorder.
- Enclosure – Choose the size, shape, color, and mounting style. Several options are available, or you can specify a custom enclosure.
- User Interface – Choose off-the-shelf membrane button and touch screen solutions, or choose your own button and/or touch screen sizes and layout.
- Branding – Logo’s can be printed using screen printing or the pad printing process, artwork can be created, modified and/or reviewed in house.
Input/Output & Media
- Media – Choose one or several media types including; SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, USB, SSD, HDD, Compact Flash, or Internal Media.
- Connectors – Rear panels are easily customized to accept nearly any connector; from BNC to Military Standards
- Position – GPS, accelerometer, inertia measurement unit (IMU), and attitude heading reference system (AHRS) for parameters such as; location, speed, altitude, G-load/force, heading, yaw, pitch, and roll.
- CAN – A CAN bus is an option to record CAN sensor data.
- RS232 – Serial data can also be recorded via RS-232
- RS485/422 – Differential data is recorded via RS-485/422
- USB – Sensors can be added to one of many available USB 2.0 ports.
- GUI – We can customize the graphical user interface to meet your needs, from simple additions or modifications, to a complete overhaul.
- Applications – A flexible linux OS, and some serious processing power, allows custom applications to be loaded along with the standard video and data processing.
Want to incorporate video and data recording, processing, or streaming into a pre-existing device? Board level solutions are available for custom integrations. The modular architecture allows for easy integration in any solution with custom interface boards that can be made fast. Board level solutions are also economical!
Need something really unique? We can modify our preexisting designs or create a completely custom design to meet any requirement. Complete designs have been made in as little as 3 months from concept to completion, allowing for custom board sizes, features, and cost control.
Datatoys engineers are proud to offer some of the most advanced solutions available. Below is a list of some of our capabilities.
- High Definition Recording – 1080p60, 1080p30, 720p60, 720p30
- Standard definition recording – D1 (720×480/576), VGA (640×420), CIF (320×480)
- AVC/H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10)
- MPEG 4
- MPEG 2
- .PS Program Stream
- .MP4 (ALEC Audio, PCM8, PCM16)
- .H264 (Raw Compressed Data)
- Text Overlay (GPS, Location, Speed, Time/Date, Custom Data)
- Graphic Overlay (Static and Dynamic Graphics)
- Image Stabilization
- Video Motion Detection
- Video Threat Detection
- Video Fusion
- Low Latency (HD, SD), Less than 43ms
- Mobile Networks (3/4G)
- CVBS (NTSC/PAL/SECAM RS170)
- HD-SDI ITU-R BT.656, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M
- SD-SDI SMPTE 259M
- LVDS/Camera Link
- File Types
- API (Application Programming Interface) – RS232 & Ethernet/WiFi
- RPC (Remote Procedure Call)- Ethernet/WiFi
- GPIO -TTL Level
- Touch Screen (4-Wire Resistive)
- IR Remote
- RF Remote
- RS-485 (Camera Control)
- Master/Slave Unit Control
- Playback while recording
- GPS Time Sync
- Multiple Unit Time Sync
- Server Time Sync
- Custom File Naming
- PTZ Camera Control
Contact a sales engineer for a consultation!