AirKnight HD SDI Aerial Video Recorder system
Solid state airborne 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, CVBS & HDMI rugged video recorder for harsh environments.
Record Video and Audio in full high definition. Full 1080p60 HD 3G-SDI solid state airborne video recorder designed for professional aircraft operations. Record 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, HDMI or CVBS (NTSC & PAL) video. Stream video over the network or the internet and record it to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 flash media, external storage such as SSD or HDD, or SD media.
- High Definition 1080p60 solid state airborne video recorder.
- 3G-SDI (1080p60)
- HD-SDI (1080p30)
- HDMI (v 1.4 1080p)
- CVBS (NTSC & PAL).
- GPS DATA Recording
- USER DATA Recording
- On-screen GPS Data Video Overlay
- On-screen User Data Video Overlay (via RS-232)
- Record all audio communications
- Record to USB Flash drive, external SSD solid state disk, external HDD hard disk drive or built-in SD media.
- Compatible with the optional PCM (Power Control Module) Power Management System and uninterruptible power supply
AirKnight HD-SDI Aerial Video Recorder is Proudly made in the USA.
Record Audio and Video
- AirKnight-HD – Single Channel full HD SDI 1080p60 Digital Video Recorder
- AirKnight-HD2 – Dual Channel full HD SDI 1080p60 Digital Video Recorder
- AirKnight-HD4S – Single Channel full HD SDI 1080p60 Digital Video Recording with a builtin Quad Switcher
- AirKnight-HD4Sa – full 1080p60 3G-SDI and HD-SDI airborne video recorder designed for the professional helicopter tour industry
Each version has the option for bottom mounting, side mounting, or Dzus rail mounting. GPS option is also available with all versions.
Record one channel to a SD card, USB 2.0 or 3.0 media drive, external SSD or HDD devices. Add up to 4 (four) cameras using the Datatoys Multiview HD which allows you to input four cameras and record them in a quad view. Also compatible with the Datatoys DoubleVision which will allow you to add a second camera.
GPS Overlay and Data Recording
With the GPS option, record and overlay geospatial data including: time/date, coordinates, altitude, heading and speed. Included with the GPS option is your choice of a Garmin 18x LVC 5Hz, or 1Hz GPS receiver or you can use most standard GPS units through the RS-232 input on the AirKnight.
GPS Data Recording
GPS data will be recorded a KML and GPX format. These files can be viewed directly in Google Earth, or the included FlightSync software which synchronizes your video and data. These files also work with most third party Geospatial software applications.
Overlay GPS Data
In addition to a separate data file, you can also overlay GPS data and other text on top of the video. Using the web user interface, individual data points can be turned on or off and positioned anywhere on the video. Text size options range from 8pt to 40pt (pixels) in height. Multiple font and color options are available.
- Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
- Degrees, Minutes
- Knots (KT)
- Miles per Hour (MPH)
- Kilometers per Hour (KPH)
- Altitude (AMSL)
- Feet (F)
- Meters (M)
- Heading (Degrees)
Overlay Custom Text (Character Generator)
A built in high definition character generator allows you to overlay custom text on the video. Users can enter the text in the web user interface or send real time text information via RS-232. Up to three independent lines of data can be sent at nearly any baud rate. The text is simply sent in an ASCII format string of multiple data lines. Each data line is separated by commas whereas entire string is terminated with (Carriage Return & Line Feed). Font type, size, color and position may be customized in the web interface for each text line.
Record to USB 2.0, USB 3.0, SSD, HDD or SD Media
Record straight to off-the-shelf USB or SD cards and external USB storage devices.
Record Headset Audio
Video is only part of the experience. Record all headset audio throughout your flight with our Aviation Headset adapter cable or directly connect to your audio panel using open leads. The Aviation Headset cables plug into your audio panel and any general headset on the market. U174 helicopter headset cables are also available.
High Quality, Small Files
The AirKnight HD recorders use the same AVC/H.264 High Profile compression as BluRay. Our AirKnight-HD recorders offer the highest HD 1080p60/30 quality with maximum efficiency. This allows you to have files sizes that are easy to store, edit, playback, and upload. Universal file containers allow for easy editing and playback on a PC or Mac.
By keeping the data rate between 8Mb/s and 16Mb/s, quality to file size ratio is maximized, meaning its the highest quality, yet easy to use.
Sync Time and Overlay
Synchronize system time to an NTP server or use GPS time to overlay on the video.
Record Stop/Start Switch
Trim down your post flight editing time by starting and stopping recordings with an external record switch. Mount the record Start/Stop Switch in the cockpit, allowing you to mount the recorder in the cargo bay. An LED indicator on the record start/stop switch, lights up to indicate there is power to the unit and will flash, indicating recording.
A record LED is also built into the front of the unit allowing you to mount the recorder in the cockpit and use the record switch on the front panel.
Network User Interface
Access more advanced settings via the network user interface.
- .AVI or .MP4 file format
- CBR and VBR
- .H264 AVC and MJPEG Compression
- Baseline or High Profile Compression
- Bit Rates
- GOP Size
- Video Down-scaling
- Pre and Post Alarm
- Custom File Size
- Video Motion Detection
- Live Streaming
- Custom Text Overlay
- Audio Gain Level
- Overwrite When Full (Yes/No)
Connect 1x HD-SDI OR 1x HDMI OR 1x NTSC/PAL camera directly into the AirKnight HD base recorder. All standard resolutions up to 1080p60/30 are supported. The AirKnight HD recorders use BNC HD-SDI connectors, making it simple to connect and HD-SDI camera.
*HDMI will not recognize protected content
Aviation Grade HD Cabling
Aviation grade jacket rated to FAR 25 standards provides maximum protection and performance.
Military Grade Connectors option
Connect your cameras with rugged and weatherproof Military Grade connectors. Mil-spec connectors for power also available.
Connect straight to your Garmin G500 or G1000 display, or use one of our monitors
GREAT WARRANTY WITH EXCELLENT SUPPORT!
A one year warranty that covers your unit front to back. At Bad Wolf Technologies, we take pride in our customer support. Just call us at (414) 639-9085 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org 24×7!
The AirKnight-HD has the following accessory options available for purchase:
HD PLUS PACK
- HD-SDI Mini Bullet Camera
- Super Clamp or Suction Cup Mount
- Universal Mount
- Click Mount
- 3, 6, 9, or 12 ft Extension (Longer Lengths Available)
- RG-179 Video Coax Cable with BNC Connector
- Tefzel Mil-spec Locking Power Cable with HRS LF Connectors
- HD-SDI Mini Bullet Camera (1080p60) – 19mm x 56mm
- Quick Disconnect option aviailable
- HD-SDI Mini Bullet Camera (1080p30) – 23mm x 77mm
- Quick Disconnect option available
- HD-SDI Cube Camera (1080p60) – 29mm x 29mm
STANDARD DEFINITION CAMERAS
- E600 Mini Bullet Camera
- WDR600 Mini Bullet Camera
BULLET CAMERA LENSES
- 2.5mm for 150 degree FOV
- 2.8mm for 130 degree FOV
- 3.6mm for 92 degree FOV (Standard)
- 6.0mm for 53 degree FOV
- 8.0mm for 40 degree FOV
- 12mm for 28 degree FOV
- 16mm for 19 degree FOV
- Standard Aviation Headset Bypass Cable
- Aviation Headset Bypass Cable with U174 Helicopter Audio Plugs
- Standard Audio Cable with open leads – Custom lengths available
- Aluminum Pro Mount
- Universal Mount
- Click Mount
- Suction Cup Mount
- Super Clamp Mount
EXTERNAL TRIGGERS AND SWITCHERS
- Start/Stop Switch (Wired) with Green LED
- Start/Stop Switch (Wireless Key Fob)
- Way Point Trigger (Wired)
- Way Point Trigger (Wireless Key Fob)
GPS UPGRADE WITH OVERLAY FUNCTION
- Garmin 18x GPS Puck 1Hz
- Garmin 18x GPS Puck 5Hz
- LineVision Pro
AIRKNIGHT HD MOUNTS
- Dzus Mounts
- Side Mounting Brackets (Included)
POWER CONTROL MODULE
- PCM Power Control Module
MIL-SPEC POWER CONNECTOR
- 3-Pin MIL-SPEC Power Connector Upgrade
- AirKnight-HD Recorder
- Media Ports for video and data storage
- 1 SD Slots (SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- 1 USB Port for USB flash drive or external USB device additional storage
- Connections (Rear Panel)
- Video Inputs (1 x HD-SDI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Composite NTSC/PAL)
- Video Outputs (1 x HD-SDI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Composite NTSC/PAL)
- Audio (1 x Stereo)
- Auxiliary (Switch, LED)
- Ethernet (Network User Inteface/Streaming)
- Power (12-32VDC)
- Power Cable 5ft. (2.1 x 5.5mm Locking Connector)
- Ethernet Cable
- Side Mounting Brackets
- Media Ports for video and data storage
|1 – SDI||3G-SDI SMPTE 424M 1080p60/59.94/50|
|HD-SDI SMPTE 292M 1080i60 / p30|
|SD-SDI SMPTE 259M PAL/NTSC|
|1 – HDMI||v 1.4 1080p|
|1 – COMPOSITE||NTSC 720 x 480|
|PAL 720 x 576|
Composite PAL, NTSC
|COMPRESSION||h.264 AVC HIGH, MAIN, BASELINE PROFILE|
|BITRATE||32Kbps – 16Mbps (h.264) 32Kbps – 55Mbps (MJPEG)|
|FILE TYPE||.AVI, .MP4|
|1 – INPUT||STEREO L / R LINE LEVEL – AVIATION HEADSET|
|SDI EMBEDDED, HDMI EMBEDDED|
|COMPRESSION||AAC 64Kbps – 128Kbps @ 32/44.1/48kHz|
|G.711 64Kbps @ 8KHz|
|1 – OUTPUT||STEREO L / R LINE LEVEL|
|TRIGGER||RECORD FRONT PANEL, REAR CONNECTOR OR WIRELESS|
|WAY POINT REAR CONNECTOR OR WIRELESS|
|INDICATOR||FRONT – POWER, GPS, RECORD, STATUS|
|REAR – ETHERNET|
|SERIAL||RS-232 – BAUD RATE 2400 – 115200bps|
|GPS||GPS GNSS NMEA 0183 GPGGA/GPRMC/GPGSA/GPVTG parsed|
|1Hz OR 5Hz|
|CONCURRENT KML & GPX FILES|
|USER DATA via RS232||Supported, up to three lines per sample. Sample rate 1 or 5Hz|
|STORAGE||SD/SDHC/SDXC (Class 10 recommended)|
|USB 2.0 or 3.0|
|NETWORKING||ETHERNET PORT, REAR; WI-FI OPTIONAL|
|INPUT||12 – 34 VDC|
|WATTAGE||4.8W [400mA @ 12VDC] UNIT ONLY|
|PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL|
|TEMPERATURE||-34°C TO +85°C [-30°F TO +185°F]|
|HUMIDITY||20% TO 80% RH|
|DIMENSIONS||4.956″ x 1.720″ x 4.900″ [125.9 x 43.7 x 124.5mm]|